Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Are those toilet seats attached to your derrieres?"

Well, as of now, we aren't even halfway through this season and we have already had three people on the verge of quitting the game. Holly's and NaOnka's reasons were similar. I think that they both had mental breakdowns after dealing with the fierce weather and the overall stress of it all. But luckily they were able to bounce back and jump right back into the game. They both do well at challenges and seem to have overcome the doubts they had earlier. Now, when Dan went to Holly and revealed that he wanted to quit the game, I can't say I was surprised by this. The man is in obvious pain. Watch him walk and you will see that his joints barely work anymore. You can even see discomfort in his eyes. Now, if he would rock the challenges and actually be useful to the tribe, we could brush this off as a breakdown of sorts as well. But the difference between Dan wanting to quit and Holly and NaOnka wanting to quit is that, unlike the ladies, Dan is useless. He likes to talk about and flaunt his wealth, but he doesn't have much to brag about in the way of health. I don't even know why he signed up for the show. This is not the first and second season of Survivor, for cryin' out loud! Holly said something similar and now I am going to say it as well. You should know what you signed up for, and if you can't handle it then stay home. Remember the first few seasons of this show? Were there any wimps back then? I think the first didn't come until Pearl Islands when Osten decided he was scared of pelicans and just couldn't stay in the game.
And not only is Dan useless and falling apart, almost walking on nubs, but apparently he is also a liar. When he was asked by Jeff if anything out there bothers him, his answer was no. Really, Dan?! Nothing??? You pouted when your $1,600 shoes turned up missing (which you shouldn't've brought out there in the first place. A pair of Nikes would've served the purpose just fine.), you whined about getting mud on you (I do that and I am a girl!), and you have repeatedly complained about the lack of sleep, the weather, etc. Go home and sit by your pool in your expensive, ugly shoes and give a more deserving person a bigger chance at winning this game. Please.
And no, you are not imagining my distaste for Dan. That is the name of my ex husband. Plus, he resembles a former male friend of mine who decided he could no longer be friends with me because I refused to sleep with him. So needless to say, Dan bashing is enjoyable for me.
Normally, I enjoy the challenges as I did this particular one. But I found it extremely hard to take seriously. Maybe it was just me, but it honestly looked like they had toilet seats attached to their, er, seats. I was laughing too much to pay close attention to it, but I did catch that Holly and Jill won the two individual immunity necklaces. They squared off in a ring toss and Jill won the feast for her team.
Natalie, AKA Purple Kelly, once again said nothing the entire episode.
As a super fan of this show, I have seen plenty of people lie right to someone else's face, so Marty's story to Fabio wouldn't have been that big of a deal but for the fact that Fabio bought every word of it. Fabio now believes that Marty is a chess grandmaster and that he beat Guillermo Vilas as a child. Fabio is awestruck, but what Fabio doesn't know is that Guillermo Vilas is a tennis player. Poor, clueless Fabio.
Once again, I was not happy with the vote. Kelly B. is a good woman and didn't deserve that!
It looks like we will see some crafty, sneaky people on the next episode, and Fabio will revert back to his childhood, peeing in the water.

1 comment: