Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Drop Your Buffs"

Once again, I have decided to write something other than a recap of the latest episode of Survivor. I don't think that it is necessary since we have all watched it and know what happens anyway. There are too many other things to talk about.
This was a delightful episode for me. It tickles me to hear jeff say, "Drop your buffs." Those three words are the precursor to a tribal switch. This also means that any alliances previously made are no more. It can be a blessing for some and doom for others.
It took a few episodes, but I am now at the point where Marty just pisses me off. He grates on my nerves about as much as Tom Westman. Honestly, I hope he leaves soon or I will have a certain level of discomfort every time I sit down to watch my favorite show.
And because of my recent distaste of Marty, I love Brenda more than I did before. She said Marty has balls and he is very arrogant. I am seeing some serious Survivor skills in the Asian sensation. I am excited to see what she has in store for us.
And then we have NaOnka. You either love her or hate her, and I happen to love her. I also have a new respect for her. I have heard so many rude and negative comments about her. Well, it's true what is said about being kind to others because you never know what they are going through. She had an extremely rough time during the cold, endless rain and contemplated quitting the game. A few of her tribemates were supportive and helped her through it. Jeff seemed surprised that these strangers helped her through a difficult time, but I understood what she was talking about completely. I went through a divorce a few years ago, and I went through it all alone. I had no one to help me through it, no friends, no family to talk to or tell me it was all going to be okay. And I still feel that way. But the friends I have online have talked me through some tough times and listened to me vent, cry and even rejoice. So it is definitely possible to feel love and support from people who are essentially strangers.
I think Purple Kelly said one sentence this episode. That is one more sentence than she has said on any of the other episodes. I wonder if she is going to slide right through to the end, just like Natalie did? That wouldn't be so bad, I just hope she does something to earn her spot in the final if she gets there.
Voting out Tyrone was some sort of strategy. I guess. I don't agree with their method of voting because I don't know what good Dan will do in any future challenges.
Dan wants to pack it in? Well, blow me down with a feather. Of course he does. HE IS MISERABLE! The man can barely move so this doesn't surprise me one bit. I completely understand he is beatable if he is carried to the end, but should all of the strong, capable people all be voted out so quickly?

2 comments:

  1. i love that you say "blow me over with a feather" i'm seriously dying laughing right now!

    good blog. i'm kinda shocked to see no mention of Holly from you tho!
    i think Kelly Purple will go far. i think she'll be final 4.
    Chase/Fabio/Brenda/Kelly.. possibly Jane.
    I think Dan will quit.. haha i know i say that every time but i heard a rumor two people quit! and i've thought Holly. I've thought Na Onka. I've thought Jill... & who knows that rumor probably isn't even true.. but with so many people threatening to do so this season.. i'm thinking it will finally happen with Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this approach Julie and am looking forward to more from you. You are that great a writer!!! Myself like you, I totally LOVE Nay! What I think people fail to realize is that when u go out to do Survivor that sometimes u carry issues with you from pre game. Those issues do play a factor plus u have all that time to think on everything also. Personally I think it takes a strong woman to go out there and do the show even with all that and I personally love her all the more for it! Holly is doing GREAT!!!! Far as Marty goes..I do love my Marty but I also dig Bren too they both make the show fun to watch on a strategical basis as both are playing pretty hard core now. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete