Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"You can milk your own milk"

I decided the title of this week's blog should be a quote from Purple Kelly. I wasn't sure if or even when she would say anything again, so I wanted to give her some recognition. Way to go, Kelly, for making sure your first confessional would be remembered!

At the opening of the episode, Chase makes the comment, "Based on Dan's performance, I really hope keeping him doesn't come back to bite us in the butt." Um, I agree! People. This is what I have been saying all along. I understand where they are coming from by keeping him around because he isn't a threat. But is he an asset? What the hell would Dan be, anyway?

And speaking of Dan, as I always am, how about that reward challenge? Really, Dan?! REALLY?? My 90-year old grandpa could've done more smoothly than you did. And I wonder if anyone else noticed the excitement on Purple Kelly's face after she got her ball in the net. She probably knew that would get on the air.

LaFlor's communication seemed to suck in the immunity challenge. Fabio told Brenda and Purple Kelly that they need to talk about things together and Kelly got pissy with him. If we could ever see her personality come out, I think we would find her a very delightful young woman. I think. I'm not sure, though.

I would comment on Marty giving the idol away, but I can't. I still don't understand it. Does this make him stupid? Does this make him smart? Is he too trusting, and does he really trust that the others will keep him in the game? Will they? I need answers!

This is a shorter blog than I usually write, but I just didn't think there were enough things to mention this week. But, I am happy to say that NaOnka can now say she has touched a cow's nipple. I'm sure her mother is so proud.

4 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see tomorrow's episode! "it tastes better when you steal it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty had no choice. It doesn't matter if they would keep him or not. Like he himself said: "Either I give it to Sash or I just have to give it to Jeff tonight" There was no way for him to keep it... and if he did keep/play it, he would surly be target #1 (Which he probably is anyway, but...) Now he has a chance, albeit a very small one, of lasting another round. (Didn't Sash actually say he promised him 2 rounds?? I know they arn't really planning to stick to that, but that is what he told him)

    Personally I would never have done that, I was sure he was gone last week when he did, but the fact he is still there makes it a good move in hindsight. he can even try playing off how big a threat Sash now is with the idol and the gall to actually demand it from him in the 1st place!

    (PS - Go Fabio!!!!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog Julie and it is a fun read :) I tackled the same problem with Marty and came up with this thought. Sash is I think gonna flip over. I don't think Marty would just give up the idol without some security being there just in case. That is way too big a risk even for him. So I do think something is afoot there. Kudos for giving Kelly P blog time. I was stumped on how to give that to her too lol but it was a funny statement she amde. Silly. Dumb but funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan being in the game is no shocker to me, because to get to the end, you have to undersell yourself to appeal as a player people want to take to the end. This strategy works great, and a little too great sometimes. As Shambo would say, Dan is feckless!

    ReplyDelete