Friday, September 24, 2010

Survivor Nicaragua episode 2 "Can we vote?" "Yeah, can we?"

Who knew that episode 2 could be as explosive and entertaining as what we the viewers witnessed last Wednesday night? Episode 2! We saw a plethora of personalities from most of the castaways, and I think that as this season progresses, it is only going to get better.



The episode begins with Espada trekking back to camp after their first visit to Tribal Council and voting their first tribemate, Wendy, out. We immediately hear from Holly, who is worried she is on the outs with them because of her hasty alliance with Wendy. But she has decided to rethink everything because, as she said, she would like to show everyone that she can kick their asses on Survivor. I love her positive attitude, and I hope she keeps it because she is going to need it throughout the game.



Morning arrives, and Jimmy J. and Marty are not happy that they haven't slept much. They have a group meeting to talk about working on a better shelter, and Jimmy J. takes charge. Jimmy T. then proceeds to add fishing to their long list of tasks to complete, but he is soon cut off by Tyrone, who speaks to him as though he is a five year old. "Jimmy T., we hear you. And it's a great idea. Now what were you saying, former NFL coach who I am star-struck by?" Of course Jimmy T. is upset by this.



Our first taste of the LaFlor tribe for this episode made me laugh. Kelly S., or "Purple Kelly", as they have chosen to call her, says, "I have never gone this long without a shower or brushing my teeth." And Fabio says, "I have." Wow, he could be one of my sons! Sash and NaOnka talk, and he lets her know that he is half black and would like to have all minorities at the end and that they should pull Brenda in with them. NaOnka seems to like that idea.



We return to Espada where Jill is eating some snails. Holly thinks they shouldn't be eaten. Now, for the record, I really love Holly. I recently met her, I consider her a personal friend of mine, and I love her. But as I watched her taking the pail of snails away from Jill and dumping them out, I was speechless. Why did she do that?! Her tribemates now think she has gone off the deep end, and that is not how you want to be perceived in this game.



And when Holly noticed Dan making fun of her, she wanted to get even with him. And what would be the best way to do that? By taking his $1,600 shoes, filling them with sand and letting them slowly sink to the bottom of the ocean. Again, I wasn't sure what to think. Was she digging herself a hole?!



When Dan notices his alligator shoes are missing, Holly has a breakdown. She admits that the game of Survivor might not be for her, so she decides to come clean about what she did and confesses to Dan that she took his shoes. He was not happy and said it's a good thing she isn't a guy. I think he wanted to punch her.

Back at the LaFlor camp, NaOnka, who I find to be very entertaining, goes off about one of her socks missing. So she finds someone else's pair of socks and takes them! Fabio finds out they are his so he and Nay clash about that. High school drama, as Alina says.

Holly and Jimmy J. have a talk with each other, and she confesses to him that she is unsure if she can continue with the game. But he gives her a pep talk and she decides to keep going. She says she has never quit anything in her life and I don't think she wants to quit anything now, either.

The challenge was a fantastic one! I loved it! One contestant from each tribe had to race through a mud pit and then into a stack of hay, searching for balls. Then three others had to bounce one ball at a time on boards from player to player until it landed in their barrell. The older tribe used thier medallion of power, which gave them the advantage of one ball already in their barrell. Kelly B. rocked it with her artificial leg, but in the end, Espada wins the challenge and fishing gear along with it. They also found a clue to the hidden immunity idol, which I quite honestly am getting tired of. I hope next season there are none so that the players can't rely on them for a change. Marty, Dan and Jill look for it and eventually find it.

LaFlor weighs their options of who to vote out at Tribal Council, and when they arrive there, all hell breaks loose. Jeff asks Shannon how it's been and he states that he hopes a certain person's girlfriend stands by him. He is referring to Chase, and the two young guys suddenly go off on each other and Tribal Council explodes with anger and accusations. Shannon surprises everyone by asking Sash point blank if he is gay, then proceeds to make comments about gay people that live in New York. Wow!

And for the second week in a row, a person's diarrhea of the mouth cost them a million dollars. Shannon was sent packing.

It's been exciting so far. I can't wait to see what is in store for us next week! I hope Kelly B. keeps a close eye on her leg!

2 comments:

  1. I hope Holly can come back from this. It is really interesting to see the kids at it. My son thought they were a bit immature and he is 15. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I genuinely love ur blog Julie! I think Holly will do great and will come back from this. The younguns were pretty entertaining this week and from what I have heard more fun is in store! I love this season!!!

    ReplyDelete